For an anti-inflammatory breakfast, nutrition expert Pierre Jouaud brings you a simple pancake recipe. Because breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. An egg-based protein breakfast combined with plants such as small vegetables or a small fruit salad and some oilseeds such as almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts is an ideal start to the day. But if you have a sweet tooth, choose these pancakes that will satisfy your cravings and satisfy your needs!
Cooking time: less than 30 minutes.
Approximate nutritional values for this recipe per person (using almond flour):
• Calorie content: 450 kcal.
• Protein: 19 g
• Carbohydrates: 29 g (16 g without maple syrup)
• Lipids: 30 g
• Fiber: 7 g
Ingredients for 1 person
• 1 banana
• 2 eggs (omega-3, i.e. organic, free-range or blue-white heart)
• 2-3 large tablespoons almond powder (or hazelnuts) or 2 large teaspoons almond puree (or hazelnuts).
• 1 teaspoon baking soda (or yeast).
• 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds when cooking (optional).
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder if you like (or cinnamon, cardamom, orange blossom…)
• Lemon juice (optional)
• Maple syrup (optional).
1- Mash the banana until it becomes a sticky mass.
2- Add eggs and beat everything.
3- Then add almond or hazelnut powder or puree and bicarbonate.
4- Mix well
5. Finally add flax seeds, ideally minced (optional), along with vanilla or any other spice. Everything can be mixed with a blender.
6- Heat a frying pan to half power with a teaspoon of canola oil (or coconut oil, or butter, or even ghee), then place the workpiece and cook it like a pancake.
7. When the pancake is ready, enjoy it as is or drizzle with the juice of half a lemon and/or maple syrup, with or without fruit.
This recipe is rich in protein, fiber, and healthy fats from the almonds and eggs. Bananas are also rich in potassium.
All of Pierre Joyeau’s balanced recipes can be found on his Instagram account Pierre Joyeau Cuisine.